One of the things that I like to think makes my curated grazing tables extra special is that I always include delicious relishes and spreads made with love in my own kitchen. In the same way, a homemade cranberry sauce will really elevate your Christmas spread. Cranberry sauce is an essential part of any festive table – the tartness of the cranberries cuts through the heaviness of the turkey, and adds a dash of colour to every bite. But as good as it is, you will be so surprised at how easy it is to make, and more importantly, how much better it tastes than any shop-bought version! This vodka cranberry sauce recipe is quick and foolproof, and can also be used to make a lovely homemade gift. Enjoy!
Vodka Cranberry Sauce
340 g fresh cranberries
200 g sugar
45 ml vodka
75 ml water
- Put all of the ingredients into a pan and bring to a boil. Cook until the berries start to burst open, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Once most of the berries have burst, give the mixture a good thrashing stir to help crush the berries.
- Carefully (the mixture will be scolding hot) taste and add a little more sugar if required, or if too sweet, add a squeeze of lemon.
- Let cool. The sauce will look runnier than you might expect, but will thicken as it cools. If gifting, spoon the sauce into a sterilised preserve jar whilst still hot and seal.
- If making the sauce to accompany your Christmas dinner, you can make it up to a week ahead, and kept it in the fridge in a dish. Give it a stir with a fork before serving if it has jellified a little.
As featured in Wedding Ideas Magazine and on B.LOVED The Curated Kitchen was featured in print again recently, this time in the popular Wedding Ideas magazine (as well as on our fave blog, B.LOVED). I loved working on this garden wedding shoot with a talented team led...
I am absolutely blown away to share that The Curated Kitchen was recently named Best Newcomer at the prestigious TWIA Awards – first in the South East regional awards, and then in January at the Nationals! I’m so honoured, and can’t think of a better way to start this...
If you’re newly engaged, then congratulations! It’s such an exciting, emotional, happy time, so enjoy every minute. Once you’ve made the big announcement to friends, family and Facebook, it’s time to start thinking about wedding planning. But first, why not kick off...
Error: The account for thecuratedkitchenuk needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page